SA 8000 Certification
Home - ISO Certications - SA 8000 (Social Accountability System Certification)
The SA 8000 certification is the Social Accountability System standard. It is applicable to companies of any size that wish to address the social and ethical aspects of their business. A Social Accountability System proves to customers that the company holds adequate provisions for the protection of wokers' rights. Further, it ensures ethical production of all goods manufactured by the company.
SA 8000 is the first auditable standard in this field. The initiative is based on the well-known ISO 9001/ISO 14001 certification structure, conventions of the International Labour Organization (ILO), the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
SA 8000 KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Be senior management led.
- Be focused on continuous improvement.
- Be focused on prevention rather than reaction.
- Be supportive of workers’ rights and workers participation.
- Be compliant with local laws/codes.
- Be proactive in promoting ethical sourcing.
- Be systematic in addressing problems-CARs Process.
Benefits of SA 8000 to manufacturers and suppliers
- Marketing advantage – more demand and value for goods from socially.
- Responsible manufacturers/suppliers.
- Enhancement of company’s productivity.
- Compliance to the laws of the land.
- Improvement of relationship with the Govt., NGOs, trade unions.
- Better image and position in labour market.
Benefits of SA 8000 for the retailers
- Cost reduction in monitoring.
- Better corporate image.
- Increased value for the products.
- Trust building with the analysts and investors when evaluated against social performance.
Find out how much SA 8000 Certification could cost your business.
Request a quote
benefit of SA 8000 Certification, SA 8000 requirements, SA 8000 Certification requirements, SA 8000 consultants, SA 8000 consultant, SA 8000 consultancy, SA 8000 Certification consultants, SA 8000 Certification process, SA 8000 Certification process steps, SA 8000 process, SA 8000 process map, Social Accountability System Practice, SA 8000 quality system, Social Accountability System Practice system SA 8000, benefits of SA 8000 Social Accountability System Practice system
ISO 9001 -
Quality Management for Small Businesses
ISO 28000 Security- Management for the Supply Chain
ISO 14001-Environmental Management
OHSAS 18001- Occupational Health and Safety
ISO 80079- Equipment for Explosive Areas
Welding Technical Requirements
QMS Performance Improvement
Hygiene in Practices
QM Management in Projects
Hygiene in Practices
Safety of Machinery
Good Sales Practice GDP
Primary Packaging GMP
Good manufacturing Practice
ISO 22716 -Cosmetics GMP
EU 333/2011-Criteria for Scrap Down
Social Accountability System Certification